The idea of the referendum as an instrument of the people’s will rests on pre-democratic foundations, says George Schöpflin.
Latest posts by Damian OBroin (see all)
- Gavyn Davies: Deflation is now a more serious threat than inflation | - November 14, 2008
- America the Liberal - November 6, 2008
- Will Hutton: This terrifying moment is our one chance for a new world | - October 6, 2008
- Drew Westen: Avoiding President Palin - September 9, 2008
- Drew Westen: What Obama Needs to Do in Denver - August 26, 2008