Drew Westen, author of the brilliant The Political Brain gives us his thoughts on what Obama needs to do at the Convention. In brief – define himself and his story, explain how the US got to the low point it's now at, explain why John McCain would make a very bad President – 'a man who has stood on every side of every issue except for the one about which he has stood strong (that he wants to be president)' – and finally he needs to deal head on with McCain's attacks and then hit back. Hard.
Latest posts by Damian OBroin (see all)
- Gavyn Davies: Deflation is now a more serious threat than inflation | - November 14, 2008
- America the Liberal - November 6, 2008
- Will Hutton: This terrifying moment is our one chance for a new world | - October 6, 2008
- Drew Westen: Avoiding President Palin - September 9, 2008
- Drew Westen: What Obama Needs to Do in Denver - August 26, 2008