As seen recently in Bolivia, democracry quickly loses its lustre for the middle classes when elections fail to go their way. A good article even though it is dubiously reticent about Chavez, ignoring, like most Western media, his pardoning of the ringleaders of the 2002 coup d'état.
Latest posts by Seanachie (see all)
- Olivier Roy – This is not an Islamic revolution - February 15, 2011
- Religioscope: Tunisia: the advent of liberal Islamism – an interview with Rashid Al-Ghannouchi - January 31, 2011
- Cosmopolitan citizenship in the Middle East | openDemocracy - July 28, 2010
- Endgame – Haaretz Daily Newspaper | Israel News - July 16, 2010
- CIA Man Retracts Claim on Waterboarding | Foreign Policy - January 28, 2010