John Mearsheimer, author of The Israel Lobby and U.S. Foreign Policy, on the motives behind Israel’s mobilisation in Gaza. He correctly observes that Israel is locking itself into a millenarian-tinged ‘eternal war’, confident it can ride the wave of international condemnation and a surge in Palestinian support for violent resistance. He concludes it is a disastrously misplaced sense of confidence.
Latest posts by Seanachie (see all)
- Olivier Roy – This is not an Islamic revolution - February 15, 2011
- Religioscope: Tunisia: the advent of liberal Islamism – an interview with Rashid Al-Ghannouchi - January 31, 2011
- Cosmopolitan citizenship in the Middle East | openDemocracy - July 28, 2010
- Endgame – Haaretz Daily Newspaper | Israel News - July 16, 2010
- CIA Man Retracts Claim on Waterboarding | Foreign Policy - January 28, 2010