According to the Reaffirm blog:
“This year our economy is expected to shrink by 8%, but we have reduced our commitment to those most margainalised in this world by 22%.
In 2009, we will commit 0.48% of our GNP to the world’s poorest – just above the amount Mr Cowen committed that we would achieve by 2002.”
You can add your name on the blog if you want the government to reaffairm its pre-budget committment to the world’s poor.
Latest posts by Donagh (see all)
- Obama’s America – Our Struggle: An Interview with Remi Kanazi - November 20, 2013
- The policy of transferring incomes to capital and the rich - September 6, 2012
- ILR Will Not Blink While Facing Down the Jaws of Excessive CPU Usage - September 6, 2012
- Dan Froomkin | The Jobs Crisis Obama, Romney and the Low-Wage Future of America - August 29, 2012
- Money as a Social Construct – Talk Given by Mary Mellor - August 27, 2012