The Kenny Report, the official title of which is “COMMITTEE ON THE PRICE OF BUILDING LAND, REPORT TO THE MINISTER FOR LOCAL GOVERNMENT ROBERT MOLLOY, CHAIRMAN MR. JUSTICE J. KENNY (DUBLIN,1974), was begun in 1971 and finally published in 1974. Its findings have never been implemented.
Its recommendations formed part of the Green Party’s general election 2006 manifesto. And even though John Gormley is the Minister in charge of local government, and land reform, there has been absolutely no sign of the Greens pushing this in any form or fashion.
The fact that the report called for the effective end to land speculation is the main reason why it has been ignored by every political party in government.
At present, the report is out of print. It can be downloaded here.
Alternatively, it can be read below.
Full text version from Scribd.
Latest posts by Conor McCabe (see all)
- Socialist Party Resignation Statement - December 19, 2013
- Ireland and the Shadow Banking System - November 7, 2013
- Financialization, Housing and Dublin: Protest Outside Arthur Cox - October 18, 2013
- Explaining the Double Irish with a Map and a Pile of Euro Coins - June 18, 2013
- Tax Haven Ireland : 70 Sir John Rogerson’s Quay - June 18, 2013