The Kenny Report, the official title of which is “COMMITTEE ON THE PRICE OF BUILDING LAND, REPORT TO THE MINISTER FOR LOCAL GOVERNMENT ROBERT MOLLOY, CHAIRMAN MR. JUSTICE J. KENNY (DUBLIN,1974), was begun in 1971 and finally published in 1974. Its findings have never been implemented.
Its recommendations formed part of the Green Party’s general election 2006 manifesto. And even though John Gormley is the Minister in charge of local government, and land reform, there has been absolutely no sign of the Greens pushing this in any form or fashion.
The fact that the report called for the effective end to land speculation is the main reason why it has been ignored by every political party in government.
At present, the report is out of print. It can be downloaded here.
Alternatively, it can be read below.
Latest posts by Conor McCabe (see all)
- Padriac White and the Establishment of the IFSC - April 8, 2013
- Video: Selma James- Defending Caring and Welfare in Careless Times - March 14, 2013
- Prof. Terrence McDonough on the Irish Promissory Note Deal – Galway 12 Feb 2013 - February 13, 2013
- Selections from Finance Dublin Magazine, 1988 - February 11, 2013
- Ireland & the Shadow Banking System: Audio & Slides from 18th Oct 12 Dublin Talk - October 22, 2012