Here’s the fourth and final programme in the Looking Left series, and the topic is the newspaper of the Communist Party of Ireland, the Irish Socialist. Cedarlounge has a great post on the paper here.
The panel is made up of Dr. Ann Matthews, Tom Redmond, Mick O’Reilly, and myself, and is presented by Daniel Finn.
The programme is about 30 minutes long, and touches on issues such as the Dublin Housing Action Committee, the North, the Irish economy, and Europe, as well as the CPI’s reaction to the 1968 ‘Prague Spring’, and the life and work of Betty Sinclair.
Incidentally, cedarlounge also has a great post on ‘The Squatter,’ a publication associated with the Dublin Housing Action Committee,
Latest posts by Conor McCabe (see all)
- Socialist Party Resignation Statement - December 19, 2013
- Ireland and the Shadow Banking System - November 7, 2013
- Financialization, Housing and Dublin: Protest Outside Arthur Cox - October 18, 2013
- Explaining the Double Irish with a Map and a Pile of Euro Coins - June 18, 2013
- Tax Haven Ireland : 70 Sir John Rogerson’s Quay - June 18, 2013