Here’s the fourth and final programme in the Looking Left series, and the topic is the newspaper of the Communist Party of Ireland, the Irish Socialist. Cedarlounge has a great post on the paper here.
The panel is made up of Dr. Ann Matthews, Tom Redmond, Mick O’Reilly, and myself, and is presented by Daniel Finn.
The programme is about 30 minutes long, and touches on issues such as the Dublin Housing Action Committee, the North, the Irish economy, and Europe, as well as the CPI’s reaction to the 1968 ‘Prague Spring’, and the life and work of Betty Sinclair.
Incidentally, cedarlounge also has a great post on ‘The Squatter,’ a publication associated with the Dublin Housing Action Committee,
Latest posts by Conor McCabe (see all)
- Padriac White and the Establishment of the IFSC - April 8, 2013
- Video: Selma James- Defending Caring and Welfare in Careless Times - March 14, 2013
- Prof. Terrence McDonough on the Irish Promissory Note Deal – Galway 12 Feb 2013 - February 13, 2013
- Selections from Finance Dublin Magazine, 1988 - February 11, 2013
- Ireland & the Shadow Banking System: Audio & Slides from 18th Oct 12 Dublin Talk - October 22, 2012