[From Paula Geraghty of TradeUnionTVIreland.]
Thousands took to the streets to protest at the bailout of the banks and at the jobs crisis in Ireland. Watch some of the speeches, listen to the views of some of the protesters.
John Bisset a veteran campaigner for social justice was particularly scathing of the role of the media in backing up the propaganda war on workers, women, the poor, the disabled and the vulnerable. There were some scuffles at the Daíl where people tried to get in.
Speakers included Fintan O’Toole (Irish Times), Jeanette Byrne (Patients Together), Siobhan O’Donoghue (Community Workers Co-op), John Kidd (Siptu Firefighters), Cllr Richard Boyd Barrett (People Before Profit), Professor Kathleen Lynch (UCD), Ruadhan MacAodhán (Sinn Féin)and John Bisset from the Canals Communities Project.
Latest posts by Irish Left Review (see all)
- ICTU Youth, USI and IFUT statement in support of University of Amsterdam occupation - March 19, 2015
- What would Europe Win from a Grexit? ‘Peace and quiet. (Pause…) For a period’ - March 18, 2015
- Progressive Film Club & Ireland-Palestine Solidarity Campaign - March 12, 2015
- International Women’s Day Celebration - March 2, 2015
- Greek Reforms Submission as Presented to the President of the Eurogroup Today - February 24, 2015