This is an eighteen-minute video which was made for the occasion of Sam Nolan’s birthday celebration in the Mansion House, which was held on Friday 8 October 2010.
The video is drawn from over eleven hours of Sam in conversation with Mick O’Reilly, former Irish secretary of the ATGWU (now merged under Unite the Union).
There is a great article on the Unemployed Protest Committee on the Irish Story, available here.
The PAYE marches are covered here.
Latest posts by Conor McCabe (see all)
- Socialist Party Resignation Statement - December 19, 2013
- Ireland and the Shadow Banking System - November 7, 2013
- Financialization, Housing and Dublin: Protest Outside Arthur Cox - October 18, 2013
- Explaining the Double Irish with a Map and a Pile of Euro Coins - June 18, 2013
- Tax Haven Ireland : 70 Sir John Rogerson’s Quay - June 18, 2013