Many took part in a rolling solidarity rally for the Egyptian revolution.
Egyptian, Irish and a plethora of nationalities stood together chanting and singing. Many Egyptians spoke how they never thought they’d see the day that the people of Egypt would rise up and fight Mubarak.
Placards plainly expressed the mood, saying just ‘Mubarak Leave’ and ‘democracy’. It had the atmosphere of the time the Berlin wall came down. No one knows what’s next but are just in shock that a brutal regime is collapsing under people power before their eyes.
Watch the video report here from Saturday’s solidarity rally and listen to some of the people and some of their messages of hope and support.
Latest posts by Paula Geraghty (see all)
- Video: SIPTU Council workers protest Gateway scheme & privatisation at South Dublin County Council. - March 12, 2014
- Video of protest at Hungarian criminalisation of Homelessness at Embassy in Dublin - February 17, 2014
- Therese Caherty Commemorates Alicia Brady at Glasnevin Cemetery - January 7, 2014
- Video: Protest at anti-abortion Youth Defence, Dublin - July 2, 2013
- Protest against Special Needs Assistant and Resources cuts in Dublin - June 28, 2013