What if an easily accessible paper was drawn up illustrating the following:
- What may have been earned for the people if the banks were nationalised when there were profitable
- What effective and efficient public utilities could have delivered for us (in money terms) if kept in state control
- The benefits (again, in financial as well as the obvious human) that well regulated worker friendly employment regime would deliver.
- What the fallout from the pursuit of Thatcherism has cost us over the last decade or so.
Why ask for this?
- It can be done. These arguments have been well made, but as is a common fault of the left, are often over complicated and verbose.
- People must still be confused – they voted in a government pursuing the same ideological policies.
- We all need the ammunition provided in clear – dare I say simple – terms, but backed up with empirical data.
Better still if all of this can be summarised on an A4 sheet!
What do you think? Up for it?