Pirooz Daneshmandi talks to Kathleen Lynch, Professor of Equality Studies at U.C.D in an interview which was originally broadcast on Near FM on the 20th of April.
Pirooz discusses the topic of Professor Lynch’s book Equality: From Theory to Action, as well as broader issues of equality in a neoliberal society, the marketisation of education and alternatives to our current form of capitalism, such as the Mondragon cooperative in Spain.
Professor Lynch also discusses the formation of masculine and feminine identities in Irish society and how they limit the level of gender equality that is possible in Ireland.
The interview is 35 minutes long.
Click to download.
Latest posts by Pirooz Daneshmandi (see all)
- Pirooz Daneshmandi Interviews Economist Tom McDonnell of TASC for Near FM - June 16, 2011
- Near FM Interview with Gideon Levy - June 15, 2011
- Interview with Denis Halliday - May 5, 2011
- Interview with Professor Kathleen Lynch - May 3, 2011
- Near FM Interview with Noam Chomsky - March 18, 2011