The examination takes place this morning, Mon 23 May, and resumes tomorrow afternoon, Tues 24 May. Both sessions will be broadcast live online.
Full details about the Irish government delegation present at the UN’s Palais Wilson in Geneva are available here.
Latest posts by Fíona Ní Chinnéide (see all)
- Ireland’s examination by the UN Committee against Torture - May 23, 2011
- Ireland’s Shame as European Torture Committee Presents Damning Indictment of Irish Prison System - February 10, 2011
- Young offenders’ capacity for rehabilitation undermined by imprisonment in St Patrick’s Institution - February 10, 2011
- 6,681 imprisoned for non-payment of fines as legislation awaits full commencement - February 2, 2011
- IPRT Welcomes the Labour Penal Reform Policy Document Launched Today - January 11, 2011