Ronnie Kasrils will launch his new book
“The Unlikely Secret Agent”
Dublin on the 14th June.
“The Unlikely Secret Agent” by South African struggle veteran Ronnie Kasrils.
The book is a real-life romance and thriller about his late wife and their daring exploits at the commencement of the armed struggle in 1961-63. It deals with her arrest, brutal interrogation and amazing escape from police custody.
The book has been shortlisted for South Africa’s most prestigious literary prize.The author, a life long freedom fighter was minister in South Africa’s government 1994-2008, will discuss the book.
The book has been shortlisted (with 4 others) for South Africa’s prestigious Alan Paton Award for non-fiction in 2010. Announcement will be made on 25 June.
We hope you will be able to turn up on the evening.
Latest posts by Irish Left Review (see all)
- DDCI calls on New Government to Strictly Regulate Vulture Fund Acquisitions - May 4, 2016
- Historic Screening of Mise Éire and Saoirse - March 10, 2016
- Book Launch: Margaretta D’Arcy’s Memoir, Ireland’s Guantanamo Granny - February 11, 2016
- LookLeft 23 is Out Now! - December 10, 2015
- The Portuguese election: quicksand in the center, an emboldened left and a desperate president - October 27, 2015