Jim Stanford | Out of Equilibrium
Canadian Auto Workers [union] Economist Jim Stanford offers his take on the CETA negotiations in this video presentation called Out of Equilibrium: The Impact of Canada-European Union Free Trade in the Real World. He challenges the merits and methodology of government studies that suggest this deal will bring only good things to both Canada and the EU. Stanford contrasts the government’s Pollyanna view with results from his own independent research that show this deal will likely worsen Canada’s already lopsided trade imbalance with Europe and could kill 150,000 Canadian jobs.
Latest posts by Tombuktu (see all)
- Pareto at Melos | Cosma Shalizi - September 13, 2012
- The G192 report | Robert H Wade - August 15, 2012
- Can Europe’s Mainstream Left Reconnect with Socialism and Economic Democracy? | Nyegosh Dube - July 17, 2012
- Mark Ames | The Quiet Extermination Of Labor Rights From Human Rights - June 25, 2012
- Chris Dillow | Marx was right - March 20, 2012