Thousands gathered from the length and breadth of Ireland to protest at the Labour Party Ard Fheis at the continuing austerity. From the household tax, to hospitals, education, neutraity and the treaty. It was a glorious sunny day. Much was made of the ‘violence’ but keystone cops isn’t a message that some want put out there.
It was a magnificent day of protest with upto 4,000 marching, some media claiming 5,000, with about a thousand pushing through a small police line up to the door of the Labour Party conference.
Every age was there and the anger stronger and more bitter than at the Fine Gael Ard Fheis which took place two weeks previously.
Latest posts by Paula Geraghty (see all)
- Video: SIPTU Council workers protest Gateway scheme & privatisation at South Dublin County Council. - March 12, 2014
- Video of protest at Hungarian criminalisation of Homelessness at Embassy in Dublin - February 17, 2014
- Therese Caherty Commemorates Alicia Brady at Glasnevin Cemetery - January 7, 2014
- Video: Protest at anti-abortion Youth Defence, Dublin - July 2, 2013
- Protest against Special Needs Assistant and Resources cuts in Dublin - June 28, 2013