Press release from GUE/NGL.
Voicing opposition to the Fiscal Treaty’s anti-democratic transfer of powers and its institutionalization of austerity, a delegation of European United Left / Nordic Green Left MEPs will travel to Dublin next week – Wednesday 16 May to Friday 18 May.
The MEPs will meet with campaigners, Members of Parliament, Trade Unionists and civil society organisations opposing the Fiscal Treaty and calling for a no vote.
They will hold a press conference with the Campaign Against the Austerity Treaty on Thursday at 11am in Buswells Hotel, Molesworth St, and will take part in a public meeting on the treaty on Thursday at 8pm in Wynns Hotel, Abbey St.
More details about the delegation are available at: www.guengl.eu
MEPs on the delegation:
Paul Murphy – Ireland
Søren Søndergaard – Denmark
Sabine Wils – Germany
João Ferreira – Portugal
Mikael Gustafsson – Sweden
The MEPs will be joined by a representative of Sinn Féin.
Latest posts by Irish Left Review (see all)
- The Portuguese election: quicksand in the center, an emboldened left and a desperate president - October 27, 2015
- Progressive Film Club Screenings: Sat 24th Oct - October 8, 2015
- LookLeft 22 in Shops Now! - August 17, 2015
- Progressive Film Club: Palfest & “5 Broken Cameras” - July 2, 2015
- Progressive Film Club: Autumn Sun and Ciutat Morta - June 23, 2015