Press release from GUE/NGL.
Voicing opposition to the Fiscal Treaty’s anti-democratic transfer of powers and its institutionalization of austerity, a delegation of European United Left / Nordic Green Left MEPs will travel to Dublin next week – Wednesday 16 May to Friday 18 May.
The MEPs will meet with campaigners, Members of Parliament, Trade Unionists and civil society organisations opposing the Fiscal Treaty and calling for a no vote.
They will hold a press conference with the Campaign Against the Austerity Treaty on Thursday at 11am in Buswells Hotel, Molesworth St, and will take part in a public meeting on the treaty on Thursday at 8pm in Wynns Hotel, Abbey St.
More details about the delegation are available at: www.guengl.eu
MEPs on the delegation:
Paul Murphy – Ireland
Søren Søndergaard – Denmark
Sabine Wils – Germany
João Ferreira – Portugal
Mikael Gustafsson – Sweden
The MEPs will be joined by a representative of Sinn Féin.
Latest posts by Irish Left Review (see all)
- Peoples News: Where’s your mandate, Mr Bruton? - November 10, 2014
- Left Forum Talk: “Cybersocialism”, by Dr Paul Cockshott - November 10, 2014
- Resisting the Water Charges and Defending Our Right to Protest - November 9, 2014
- The 80th Anniversary of the Republican Congress: Its Relevance Today - November 5, 2014
- Time for Trade Unions to Demand Referendum to Repeal the 8th Amendment - November 3, 2014