Press release from GUE/NGL.
Voicing opposition to the Fiscal Treaty’s anti-democratic transfer of powers and its institutionalization of austerity, a delegation of European United Left / Nordic Green Left MEPs will travel to Dublin next week – Wednesday 16 May to Friday 18 May.
The MEPs will meet with campaigners, Members of Parliament, Trade Unionists and civil society organisations opposing the Fiscal Treaty and calling for a no vote.
They will hold a press conference with the Campaign Against the Austerity Treaty on Thursday at 11am in Buswells Hotel, Molesworth St, and will take part in a public meeting on the treaty on Thursday at 8pm in Wynns Hotel, Abbey St.
More details about the delegation are available at: www.guengl.eu
MEPs on the delegation:
Paul Murphy – Ireland
Søren Søndergaard – Denmark
Sabine Wils – Germany
João Ferreira – Portugal
Mikael Gustafsson – Sweden
The MEPs will be joined by a representative of Sinn Féin.
Latest posts by Irish Left Review (see all)
- DDCI calls on New Government to Strictly Regulate Vulture Fund Acquisitions - May 4, 2016
- Historic Screening of Mise Éire and Saoirse - March 10, 2016
- Book Launch: Margaretta D’Arcy’s Memoir, Ireland’s Guantanamo Granny - February 11, 2016
- LookLeft 23 is Out Now! - December 10, 2015
- The Portuguese election: quicksand in the center, an emboldened left and a desperate president - October 27, 2015