Press release from GUE/NGL.
Voicing opposition to the Fiscal Treaty’s anti-democratic transfer of powers and its institutionalization of austerity, a delegation of European United Left / Nordic Green Left MEPs will travel to Dublin next week - Wednesday 16 May to Friday 18 May.
The MEPs will meet with campaigners, Members of Parliament, Trade Unionists and civil society organisations opposing the Fiscal Treaty and calling for a no vote.
They will hold a press conference with the Campaign Against the Austerity Treaty on Thursday at 11am in Buswells Hotel, Molesworth St, and will take part in a public meeting on the treaty on Thursday at 8pm in Wynns Hotel, Abbey St.
More details about the delegation are available at: www.guengl.eu
MEPs on the delegation:
Paul Murphy - Ireland
Søren Søndergaard - Denmark
Sabine Wils - Germany
João Ferreira - Portugal
Mikael Gustafsson - Sweden
The MEPs will be joined by a representative of Sinn Féin.
Latest posts by Irish Left Review (see all)
- Irish Landscape Institute Lecture given by Brendan McGrath -Viewing Landscape in all its Complexity: 12.12.2013 - December 5, 2013
- Labour Throws 30,000 Unemployed and Low-Paid Mortgage Holders to the Wolves! - December 5, 2013
- New LookLeft in shops now! - December 4, 2013
- Arguing for Post-Growth Economics – Dr John Barry - November 19, 2013
- Exhibition on Ireland’s EEC Accession Referendum in May 1972 - November 19, 2013