Press release from GUE/NGL.
Voicing opposition to the Fiscal Treaty’s anti-democratic transfer of powers and its institutionalization of austerity, a delegation of European United Left / Nordic Green Left MEPs will travel to Dublin next week - Wednesday 16 May to Friday 18 May.
The MEPs will meet with campaigners, Members of Parliament, Trade Unionists and civil society organisations opposing the Fiscal Treaty and calling for a no vote.
They will hold a press conference with the Campaign Against the Austerity Treaty on Thursday at 11am in Buswells Hotel, Molesworth St, and will take part in a public meeting on the treaty on Thursday at 8pm in Wynns Hotel, Abbey St.
More details about the delegation are available at: www.guengl.eu
MEPs on the delegation:
Paul Murphy - Ireland
Søren Søndergaard - Denmark
Sabine Wils - Germany
João Ferreira - Portugal
Mikael Gustafsson - Sweden
The MEPs will be joined by a representative of Sinn Féin.
Latest posts by Irish Left Review (see all)
- Understanding European Movements: New Social Movements, Global Justice Struggles, Anti-Austerity Protest - May 22, 2013
- Progressive Film Club Fundraiser with Ken Loach - May 21, 2013
- No2CrokePark2: Public Rally, Liberty Hall, Sat 25th of May @2pm - May 21, 2013
- New LookLeft out now! - May 20, 2013
- Left MEPs to debate austerity and abortion rights in Dublin - May 15, 2013