Press release from GUE/NGL.
Voicing opposition to the Fiscal Treaty’s anti-democratic transfer of powers and its institutionalization of austerity, a delegation of European United Left / Nordic Green Left MEPs will travel to Dublin next week – Wednesday 16 May to Friday 18 May.
The MEPs will meet with campaigners, Members of Parliament, Trade Unionists and civil society organisations opposing the Fiscal Treaty and calling for a no vote.
They will hold a press conference with the Campaign Against the Austerity Treaty on Thursday at 11am in Buswells Hotel, Molesworth St, and will take part in a public meeting on the treaty on Thursday at 8pm in Wynns Hotel, Abbey St.
More details about the delegation are available at: www.guengl.eu
MEPs on the delegation:
Paul Murphy – Ireland
Søren Søndergaard – Denmark
Sabine Wils – Germany
João Ferreira – Portugal
Mikael Gustafsson – Sweden
The MEPs will be joined by a representative of Sinn Féin.
Latest posts by Irish Left Review (see all)
- A Mayday Message: Brendan Ogle - May 1, 2015
- Progressive Film Club: Next Screening 23rd May, New Theatre - May 1, 2015
- Conference Convened by R2W Unions: Build an Active, Democratic, Principled Left - April 29, 2015
- Cuban Film Festival 2015 – Pearse Centre – 25th- 26th of April - April 23, 2015
- Demonstrate in Solidarity with Venezuela. Sunday 19th April 2015 - April 16, 2015