Press release from GUE/NGL.
Voicing opposition to the Fiscal Treaty’s anti-democratic transfer of powers and its institutionalization of austerity, a delegation of European United Left / Nordic Green Left MEPs will travel to Dublin next week - Wednesday 16 May to Friday 18 May.
The MEPs will meet with campaigners, Members of Parliament, Trade Unionists and civil society organisations opposing the Fiscal Treaty and calling for a no vote.
They will hold a press conference with the Campaign Against the Austerity Treaty on Thursday at 11am in Buswells Hotel, Molesworth St, and will take part in a public meeting on the treaty on Thursday at 8pm in Wynns Hotel, Abbey St.
More details about the delegation are available at: www.guengl.eu
MEPs on the delegation:
Paul Murphy - Ireland
Søren Søndergaard - Denmark
Sabine Wils - Germany
João Ferreira - Portugal
Mikael Gustafsson - Sweden
The MEPs will be joined by a representative of Sinn Féin.
Latest posts by Irish Left Review (see all)
- Irelands’ Bank Guarantee: A Lesson In Class Power - March 6, 2014
- A Bridge for Rosie: International Women’s Day Celebration of the Rosie Hackett bridge - February 25, 2014
- Obamas America – Not just a Christian, Father Daniel Berrigan S.J. in Dialogue - February 19, 2014
- Fight the Power & Parecomic: Two Graphic Political Books by Sean Michael Wilson - February 18, 2014
- Progressive Film Club, Saturday 22 February at the New Theatre - February 14, 2014