October Socialist Voice Out Now!
The October issue of Socialist Voice can be viewed online: http://www.communistpartyofireland.ie/sv/SV-94.pdf
- Fine Gael firmly in the driving seat [EMC]
- Latvia and Lithuania: a demographic disaster [COM]
- Privatisation: robbing the people’s wealth [EMC]
- Why Keynesianism will not deliver the goods [NC]
- Understanding the crisis and putting the system on trial [NL]
- Turning a human right into a commodity
- Is state censorship of the media returning? [BH]
- Essay competition on the international brigades
- The Shankill and the Falls fight together! [TR]
- Labour helps Obama to subvert Venezuela [TMS]
- Obama at the United Nations [BG]
- George Morrison honoured by the Progressive Film Club [MNM]
Fine Gael firmly in the driving seat
While there has been much media coverage and ballyhoo about Róisín Shortall’s resignation as minister of state at the Department of Health and also from the whip of the Labour Party, in many ways this is only a sideshow to what is happening.
Fine Gael is in control and is determining the thrust of government policy, with the Labour Party making up the numbers. The Labour Party’s talk of defending its “social agenda” is reduced to blathering on about the “constitutional convention” and the referendum on children’s rights.
What is also becoming clear is that the Labour Party is attempting to mobilise whatever influence it has left within the trade union movement and in community organisations to use as a bargaining chip at the government table.
Latest posts by Communist Party of Ireland (see all)
- The May Issue of Socialist Voice is Out Now - May 17, 2013
- Margaret Thatcher’s Death is No Loss to the Greater Part of Humanity - April 9, 2013
- April Edition of the Socialist Voice is Out Now - April 9, 2013
- The March issue of Socialist Voice is out now. - March 13, 2013
- Condolences and Solidarity with the Family of Comandante Hugo Chávez - March 7, 2013