A very good opportunity for Paul Murphy to challenge Enda Kenny in the European Parliament and he did it well. Kenny’s response was of course to get a dig in that had absolutely nothing to do with the criticism he made. Murphy pointed out that Ireland is paying 42% of the bailout for European banks. Kenny said Paddy pays his debts.
Paul Murphy challenges Taoiseach Enda Kenny for being the poster boy of austerity and failing to tackle the bondholders over the banking debt. Kenny has driven austerity in Ireland while going with a begging bowl looking for some crumbs from the EU on the private bank debt which was hoisted onto the shoulders of the Irish people. Kenny’s reply can be seen here.
Latest posts by Donagh Brennan (see all)
- Guaranteeing Recidivism - November 20, 2014
- The Great Numbers Game - July 18, 2014
- IMF’d & EU too? - June 4, 2014
- Tales From Tax Haven Ireland: Running the Numbers Game - February 25, 2014
- Tales from Tax Haven Ireland: Irish Property Stuck on Repeat - December 11, 2013