A very good opportunity for Paul Murphy to challenge Enda Kenny in the European Parliament and he did it well. Kenny’s response was of course to get a dig in that had absolutely nothing to do with the criticism he made. Murphy pointed out that Ireland is paying 42% of the bailout for European banks. Kenny said Paddy pays his debts.
Paul Murphy challenges Taoiseach Enda Kenny for being the poster boy of austerity and failing to tackle the bondholders over the banking debt. Kenny has driven austerity in Ireland while going with a begging bowl looking for some crumbs from the EU on the private bank debt which was hoisted onto the shoulders of the Irish people. Kenny’s reply can be seen here.
Latest posts by Donagh Brennan (see all)
- Solidarity Books Launch: Sins of the Father 2nd Ed. by Dr Conor McCabe - November 29, 2013
- Tales of Ireland the Tax Haven: To Hell or to Arthur Cox - November 28, 2013
- Fiscal Council Functionaries - November 22, 2013
- Dublin Launch of the 2nd Edition of Conor McCabe’s Sins of the Father, Weds 13th Nov, @6pm Liberty Hall - October 29, 2013
- Budget 2014 Changes in Irish Corporation Tax Regime is No Change At All - October 18, 2013