Solidarity Books hosts a talk by Dr Conor McCabe – ‘Who Benefits from Austerity?’ – as part of the Cork launch of the Irish Left Review Journal – on Thursday 7th February 7:30pm
On Thursday, 7th February at 7:30pm Solidarity Books, 43 Douglas Street will host the Cork launch of the Irish Left Review Journal.
The event will include a talk from Dr. Conor McCabe, the author of the acclaimed book, ‘Sins of the Father’, which analyses the development of the Irish economy throughout the 20th Century right up to the current crisis, without resorting to just pointing fingers at ‘a few morally bankrupt individuals’ in an otherwise sound system.
Conor McCabe, who currently teaches at the UCD School of Social Justice, and is a regular contributor to Irish Left Review, will pose the question of ‘Who Benefits from Austerity?’ While popular disgust with TD’s, bankers and other elites’ privileges is rampant, austerity programmes are still justified on the basis that we all must pay for a crisis that we apparently all helped to create. What do we make of this state of affairs?
This will be Conor McCabe’s third visit to Solidarity Books in the last two years since the release of his book, and like the previous events, this promises to be an evening of animated discussion.
Latest posts by Irish Left Review (see all)
- Connelly Youth Movement Talk: Latin America Today, Saturday 14:00, Connolly Books - August 28, 2014
- Left Forum: The Marxist Seminars Are Back! - August 21, 2014
- March & Rally for Palestine: Slaughter in Gaza – Israel must be sanctioned! - July 31, 2014
- THEY KEEP KILLING, WE KEEP MARCHING! - July 24, 2014
- March & Rally – Stop Israel’s slaughter in Gaza! - July 18, 2014