Walter Cullen, UNITE’s Regional Co-ordinating Officer, responds to comments made by Minister Brendan Howlin on RTE’s The Week in Politics:
‘The Minister claims there is a hole in public finances which needs to be repaired by seeking another €1 billion cuts in the public sector. However, the Government has yet to produce a detailed analysis of this hole. In other words, it has failed to date to produce a business case for their cuts. UNITE calls on the Government to produce such an analysis as a matter of urgency. Let’s see where the hole is, how big it is and whether it is really endangering the Government’s fiscal targets.
Read the whole post here.
Latest posts by Irish Left Review (see all)
- Applications for Scholarship to NUIM MA in Community Education, Equality and Social Activism - June 17, 2013
- Progressive Film Club Update - June 13, 2013
- Understanding European Movements: New Social Movements, Global Justice Struggles, Anti-Austerity Protest - May 22, 2013
- Progressive Film Club Fundraiser with Ken Loach - May 21, 2013
- No2CrokePark2: Public Rally, Liberty Hall, Sat 25th of May @2pm - May 21, 2013