Walter Cullen, UNITE’s Regional Co-ordinating Officer, responds to comments made by Minister Brendan Howlin on RTE’s The Week in Politics:
‘The Minister claims there is a hole in public finances which needs to be repaired by seeking another €1 billion cuts in the public sector. However, the Government has yet to produce a detailed analysis of this hole. In other words, it has failed to date to produce a business case for their cuts. UNITE calls on the Government to produce such an analysis as a matter of urgency. Let’s see where the hole is, how big it is and whether it is really endangering the Government’s fiscal targets.
Read the whole post here.
Latest posts by Irish Left Review (see all)
- Historic Screening of Mise Éire and Saoirse - March 10, 2016
- Book Launch: Margaretta D’Arcy’s Memoir, Ireland’s Guantanamo Granny - February 11, 2016
- LookLeft 23 is Out Now! - December 10, 2015
- The Portuguese election: quicksand in the center, an emboldened left and a desperate president - October 27, 2015
- Progressive Film Club Screenings: Sat 24th Oct - October 8, 2015