Walter Cullen, UNITE’s Regional Co-ordinating Officer, responds to comments made by Minister Brendan Howlin on RTE’s The Week in Politics:
‘The Minister claims there is a hole in public finances which needs to be repaired by seeking another €1 billion cuts in the public sector. However, the Government has yet to produce a detailed analysis of this hole. In other words, it has failed to date to produce a business case for their cuts. UNITE calls on the Government to produce such an analysis as a matter of urgency. Let’s see where the hole is, how big it is and whether it is really endangering the Government’s fiscal targets.
Read the whole post here.
Latest posts by Irish Left Review (see all)
- A Mayday Message: Brendan Ogle - May 1, 2015
- Progressive Film Club: Next Screening 23rd May, New Theatre - May 1, 2015
- Conference Convened by R2W Unions: Build an Active, Democratic, Principled Left - April 29, 2015
- Cuban Film Festival 2015 – Pearse Centre – 25th- 26th of April - April 23, 2015
- Demonstrate in Solidarity with Venezuela. Sunday 19th April 2015 - April 16, 2015