Walter Cullen, UNITE’s Regional Co-ordinating Officer, responds to comments made by Minister Brendan Howlin on RTE’s The Week in Politics:
‘The Minister claims there is a hole in public finances which needs to be repaired by seeking another €1 billion cuts in the public sector. However, the Government has yet to produce a detailed analysis of this hole. In other words, it has failed to date to produce a business case for their cuts. UNITE calls on the Government to produce such an analysis as a matter of urgency. Let’s see where the hole is, how big it is and whether it is really endangering the Government’s fiscal targets.
Read the whole post here.
Latest posts by Irish Left Review (see all)
- Irish Landscape Institute Lecture given by Brendan McGrath -Viewing Landscape in all its Complexity: 12.12.2013 - December 5, 2013
- Labour Throws 30,000 Unemployed and Low-Paid Mortgage Holders to the Wolves! - December 5, 2013
- New LookLeft in shops now! - December 4, 2013
- Arguing for Post-Growth Economics – Dr John Barry - November 19, 2013
- Exhibition on Ireland’s EEC Accession Referendum in May 1972 - November 19, 2013