Walter Cullen, UNITE’s Regional Co-ordinating Officer, responds to comments made by Minister Brendan Howlin on RTE’s The Week in Politics:
‘The Minister claims there is a hole in public finances which needs to be repaired by seeking another €1 billion cuts in the public sector. However, the Government has yet to produce a detailed analysis of this hole. In other words, it has failed to date to produce a business case for their cuts. UNITE calls on the Government to produce such an analysis as a matter of urgency. Let’s see where the hole is, how big it is and whether it is really endangering the Government’s fiscal targets.
Read the whole post here.
Latest posts by Irish Left Review (see all)
- The September Socialist Voice Out Now - September 16, 2014
- The Rising Tide – LookLeft 19 in Shops Now - September 12, 2014
- Connelly Youth Movement Talk: Latin America Today, Saturday 14:00, Connolly Books - August 28, 2014
- Left Forum: The Marxist Seminars Are Back! - August 21, 2014
- March & Rally for Palestine: Slaughter in Gaza – Israel must be sanctioned! - July 31, 2014