Walter Cullen, UNITE’s Regional Co-ordinating Officer, responds to comments made by Minister Brendan Howlin on RTE’s The Week in Politics:
‘The Minister claims there is a hole in public finances which needs to be repaired by seeking another €1 billion cuts in the public sector. However, the Government has yet to produce a detailed analysis of this hole. In other words, it has failed to date to produce a business case for their cuts. UNITE calls on the Government to produce such an analysis as a matter of urgency. Let’s see where the hole is, how big it is and whether it is really endangering the Government’s fiscal targets.
Read the whole post here.
Latest posts by Irish Left Review (see all)
- Peoples News: Where’s your mandate, Mr Bruton? - November 10, 2014
- Left Forum Talk: “Cybersocialism”, by Dr Paul Cockshott - November 10, 2014
- Resisting the Water Charges and Defending Our Right to Protest - November 9, 2014
- The 80th Anniversary of the Republican Congress: Its Relevance Today - November 5, 2014
- Time for Trade Unions to Demand Referendum to Repeal the 8th Amendment - November 3, 2014