World famous activist Jessica Ernst will be at the Old Ground Hotel in Ennis on Monday 4th March at 8pm where she will be giving her talk entitled Fracking Community.
Clare Fracking Concerned are delighted to have Jessica Ernst speaking in Ennis as they continue to raise awareness about the fracking issue in West Clare. Jessica will be making only 4 public appearances while in Ireland – Stormont in Belfast, Dublin, Leitrim and Ennis. The talk will focus on Jessica’s own personal experiences of fracking as she went public after her well water was contaminated in 2006 by nearby fracking which was caused by the gas company EnCana.
Jessica, from Alberta in Canada, is a scientist herself with 30 years oil and gas industry experience and she is currently suing the Alberta government, energy regulator (Energy Resources Conservation Board – ERCB) and EnCana for negligence and unlawful activities related to hydraulic fracturing. The technology has become the subject of serious government investigations throughout North America due to surface and groundwater contamination.
Latest posts by Irish Left Review (see all)
- Applications for Scholarship to NUIM MA in Community Education, Equality and Social Activism - June 17, 2013
- Progressive Film Club Update - June 13, 2013
- Understanding European Movements: New Social Movements, Global Justice Struggles, Anti-Austerity Protest - May 22, 2013
- Progressive Film Club Fundraiser with Ken Loach - May 21, 2013
- No2CrokePark2: Public Rally, Liberty Hall, Sat 25th of May @2pm - May 21, 2013