World famous activist Jessica Ernst will be at the Old Ground Hotel in Ennis on Monday 4th March at 8pm where she will be giving her talk entitled Fracking Community.
Clare Fracking Concerned are delighted to have Jessica Ernst speaking in Ennis as they continue to raise awareness about the fracking issue in West Clare. Jessica will be making only 4 public appearances while in Ireland – Stormont in Belfast, Dublin, Leitrim and Ennis. The talk will focus on Jessica’s own personal experiences of fracking as she went public after her well water was contaminated in 2006 by nearby fracking which was caused by the gas company EnCana.
Jessica, from Alberta in Canada, is a scientist herself with 30 years oil and gas industry experience and she is currently suing the Alberta government, energy regulator (Energy Resources Conservation Board – ERCB) and EnCana for negligence and unlawful activities related to hydraulic fracturing. The technology has become the subject of serious government investigations throughout North America due to surface and groundwater contamination.
Latest posts by Irish Left Review (see all)
- Greek Reforms Submission as Presented to the President of the Eurogroup Today - February 24, 2015
- Grassroots Strategy Weekend - February 17, 2015
- TTIP – What is it and Should we be Worried? - February 9, 2015
- LookLeft 20 is Out Now in Easons and Country Wide - December 9, 2014
- Seminar and Workshop on Precarious Employment - December 4, 2014