This week I am delighted to have Prof. Andrew Kliman back on the show to talk about his latest book – ‘The Failure of Capitalist Production’. The book is a brilliant example of empirical economic research, and shows us how relevant and insightful Marx’s work still is, in helping us understand the workings of our capitalist economy.
We discuss the empirical evidence in the US that supports Marx’s Tendential Fall in the Rate of Profit, the stagnation of capital accumulation, and the role of the IT revolution in the state of the economy. We also talk of the Great Depression, how it sowed the seeds for the renewal of the global economy, and what is behind the growing inequality we see around us today.
You can find Andrew’s book on sale here: (I very much recommend buying a copy!)
And his blog is here.
Latest posts by Tom O'Brien (see all)
- From Alpha to Omega Podcast #068 Knowing The Future - April 16, 2016
- From Alpha to Omega Podcast #062: Closet Marxists - May 8, 2015
- From Alpha to Omega Podcast #061: The Calculation Problem - April 2, 2015
- From Alpha to Omega Podcast: #060 Zero, Nada, Zilch - February 16, 2015
- From Alpha to Omega Podcast #059: Test Those Theories - January 29, 2015