This week I am delighted to welcome Thom Workman to the show, Professor of Political Science at the University of New Brunswick. Thom’s research explores the philosophical and sociological critiques of modernity, especially as these have developed over the post-Enlightenment era. In this episode we discuss the history of the Philosophy of Science, Marx’s understanding of science at the time of writing ‘Das Kapital’, Postmodernism, and how this notion of science has come under attack over the years, from various quarters, both from outside and within Marxism itself.
Thom has also published a number of books, his latest called: ‘If You’re in My Way, I’m Walking: The Assault on Working People since 1970’.
Latest posts by Tom O'Brien (see all)
- From Alpha to Omega Podcast #068 Knowing The Future - April 16, 2016
- From Alpha to Omega Podcast #062: Closet Marxists - May 8, 2015
- From Alpha to Omega Podcast #061: The Calculation Problem - April 2, 2015
- From Alpha to Omega Podcast: #060 Zero, Nada, Zilch - February 16, 2015
- From Alpha to Omega Podcast #059: Test Those Theories - January 29, 2015