This week I am delighted to welcome Sean Michael Wilson to the show. Sean Michael Wilson is Scottish comic book writer, who now lives and works in Japan. In the last couple of years, Sean Michael has released a couple of explicitly political graphic novels:
‘Parecomic: The Story of Michael Albert and Participatory Economics’
‘Fight the Power! A Visual History of Protests Among the English Speaking Peoples’
He has also recently wrote a post for the Forbidden Planet Blog on how an anarchy-based economic system would benefit the creation of comics, and all art in general. We discuss the creative process of the comic-book writer, the emergence of the adult comic-book genre, the Walking Dead and it’s Hobbesian view of the world, why Hollywood does not do anarchy, progressive politics in comics, socialism and the world of art, and the need for revolutionary jokes.
You may also be interested in a promising new podcast that has just been launched by Amogh Sadu and C. Derrick Varn called ‘Symptomatic Redness’. It features a really good interview Amogh did with me earlier in the autumn, where I give my opinions on all things economic and political, and slander all my previous guests. You can listen to the interview here.
Here is where you can get your hands on Sean Michael’s Work:
Here is Sean Michael’s blog:
You can find Sean Michael’s Forbidden Planet blog post here.
The music on this show was:
‘The Order of the Pharaonic Jesters’ by Sun Ra and his Arkestra
‘Turning Japanese’ by the Vapors
‘wrapping the green flag around’ by The Dubliners
‘Such A Waste Of Mind’ by Faron Young
‘Bring Me Sunshine’ by Morecambe and Wise
You can find the Sligo Anarchist here.
Here are the instructions on how to leave a review on iTunes:
1. If you don’t already have iTunes installed on your computer, first you need to install it.
2. If you don’t already have an apple_id, please carefully follow the instructions here where you can create an account without having to give them your bank details (i know… swine!) http://support.apple.com/en-us/ht2534
3. Got to the iTunes website for the show: https://itunes.apple.com/gb/podcast/from-alpha-to-omega/id530114975?mt=2
4. Click on the ‘View in iTunes’ button
5. Click on the ‘Ratings and Reviews’ tab
6. Click on the ‘Write a Review’ button.
7. If you have not already logged into iTunes with your apple_id, you will now be asked to.
8. Write the review, and click on the submit button.
9. If you are having any trouble with all of this, drop me an email to: alpha2omegapodcast (at) gmail (dot) com
Latest posts by Tom O'Brien (see all)
- From Alpha to Omega Podcast #068 Knowing The Future - April 16, 2016
- From Alpha to Omega Podcast #062: Closet Marxists - May 8, 2015
- From Alpha to Omega Podcast #061: The Calculation Problem - April 2, 2015
- From Alpha to Omega Podcast: #060 Zero, Nada, Zilch - February 16, 2015
- From Alpha to Omega Podcast #059: Test Those Theories - January 29, 2015