This week I am delighted to welcome back Derick Varn to the show. After listening to the previous show about Cultural Marxism with Doug Lain, Derick sent me an email saying he’d like to come on the show and give his two cents.
What followed was a wide ranging discussion on ideology, value theory, and the historical emergence of capitalism. We also discussed the possibility of a revolutionary movement based on a system without abstract value, Marx’s critique of the Gotha Program, and Star Trek as a Marxist Tract. And top of all that, the possible productivity of a communist state, game theory and alternative histories, and the Spanish revolution.
You can find Derick’s blog here:
You can find Derick’s and Amogh’s Podcast here:http://sympthomaticredness.libsyn.com/
The music on this episode was:
‘The Order of the Pharaonic Jesters’ by Sun Ra and his Arkestra
‘If Not For Money’ – The Wytches
Latest posts by Tom O'Brien (see all)
- From Alpha to Omega Podcast #068 Knowing The Future - April 16, 2016
- From Alpha to Omega Podcast #062: Closet Marxists - May 8, 2015
- From Alpha to Omega Podcast #061: The Calculation Problem - April 2, 2015
- From Alpha to Omega Podcast: #060 Zero, Nada, Zilch - February 16, 2015
- From Alpha to Omega Podcast #059: Test Those Theories - January 29, 2015