No.4 : Irish Socialist
The Irish Socialist was the newspaper of the Irish Workers’ Party, later the Communist Party of Ireland.
The panel is made up of Dr. Ann Matthews, Tom Redmond, Mick O’Reilly, and Dr. Conor McCabe, and is presented by Daniel Finn.
The programme is about 30 minutes long, and touches on issues such as the Dublin Housing Action Committee, the North, the Irish economy, and Europe, as well as the CPI’s reaction to the 1968 ‘Prague Spring’, and the life and work of Betty Sinclair.
Incidentally, cedarlounge also has a great post on ‘The Squatter,’ a publication associated with the Dublin Housing Action Committee.
No.3 : Gralton and Z Magazine
No.2 : The Ripening of Time
The Ripening of Time was the political journal of the Ripening of Time Collective, thirteen issues of which were published between 1976 and 1981. On the panel are Ursula Barry, UCD Women’s Education, Research and Resource Centre (WERRC); Dr. Conor McCabe, and Michael Youlton of the Irish Anti-War Movement. The programme is hosted by Seán O’Siorchu.
No.1: The Irish People
The Irish People was the newspaper of Official Sinn Féin, later Sinn Féin the Workers Party, later The Workers Party.
On the panel are Dr. Brian Hanley, Dr. Conor McCabe, and Padraig Yeates, former editor of the Irish People.
It is hosted by Daniel Finn.
Latest posts by Conor McCabe (see all)
- The Wrath of Kane: Banking Crisis and Political Power - February 2, 2015
- Always the Artists: Week Three of the Bank Inquiry - January 23, 2015
- Peter Nyberg Bank Inquiry Evidence, 17 December 2014 - December 30, 2014
- For Some Vicious Mole of Nature: Making Sense of The Irish Bank Crisis - December 29, 2014
- Socialist Party Resignation Statement - December 19, 2013