No.4 : Irish Socialist
The Irish Socialist was the newspaper of the Irish Workers’ Party, later the Communist Party of Ireland.
The panel is made up of Dr. Ann Matthews, Tom Redmond, Mick O’Reilly, and Dr. Conor McCabe, and is presented by Daniel Finn.
The programme is about 30 minutes long, and touches on issues such as the Dublin Housing Action Committee, the North, the Irish economy, and Europe, as well as the CPI’s reaction to the 1968 ‘Prague Spring’, and the life and work of Betty Sinclair.
Incidentally, cedarlounge also has a great post on ‘The Squatter,’ a publication associated with the Dublin Housing Action Committee.
No.3 : Gralton and Z Magazine
No.2 : The Ripening of Time
The Ripening of Time was the political journal of the Ripening of Time Collective, thirteen issues of which were published between 1976 and 1981. On the panel are Ursula Barry, UCD Women’s Education, Research and Resource Centre (WERRC); Dr. Conor McCabe, and Michael Youlton of the Irish Anti-War Movement. The programme is hosted by Seán O’Siorchu.
No.1: The Irish People
The Irish People was the newspaper of Official Sinn Féin, later Sinn Féin the Workers Party, later The Workers Party.
On the panel are Dr. Brian Hanley, Dr. Conor McCabe, and Padraig Yeates, former editor of the Irish People.
It is hosted by Daniel Finn.
Latest posts by Conor McCabe (see all)
- Socialist Party Resignation Statement - December 19, 2013
- Ireland and the Shadow Banking System - November 7, 2013
- Financialization, Housing and Dublin: Protest Outside Arthur Cox - October 18, 2013
- Explaining the Double Irish with a Map and a Pile of Euro Coins - June 18, 2013
- Tax Haven Ireland : 70 Sir John Rogerson’s Quay - June 18, 2013